In cooperation with Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Caucuses - and in partnership with the House Sustainable Energy & Environment Coalition, House High Performance Building Caucus, House Algae Energy Caucus, House Hydropower Caucus, House Green Jobs Caucus, House Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Caucus, and House Green Schools Caucus - the Sustainable Energy Coalition is hosting the day-long 13th annual Congressional Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency EXPO + Forum on May 27th in Washington, DC.
This year’s EXPO will bring together 50+ businesses, sustainable energy industry trade associations, government agencies, and energy policy research organizations (see list-to-date below) to showcase the status and near-term potential of the cross-section of renewable energy (biofuels/biomass, geothermal, solar, water, wind), fuel cells, hydrogen, energy storage, smart-grid, and energy efficiency technologies (e.g., lighting, appliances, vehicles, buildings, CHP).
A news conference will feature Members of the U.S. Congress and Executive Branch spokespersons while morning and afternoon speakers will discuss the role sustainable energy technologies can play in meeting America’s energy and employment needs (see preliminary schedule below).
The EXPO is free, open to the public, and no RSVPs are required. Event details are:
Thursday - May 27, 2010
9:30 am - 4:30 pm (exhibits open for viewing)
9:40 am - 10:55 am (morning speakers)
11:00 am - 12:00 pm (news conference with Members of Congress)
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Executive Branch speakers)
1:10 pm - 4:30 pm (panel discussions)
Cannon House Office Building - Caucus Room (3rd floor)
U.S. House of Representatives
Independence Avenue and New Jersey Avenue SE
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Ken Bossong, Sustainable Energy Coalition
301-270-6477 x.11; kbossong614 [at] yahoo.com
(9:40 am - 10:55 am; House Veterans Affairs Committee Room – 340 Cannon)
- John Cooper - Skyline Solar
- Dan Delurey - Demand Response & Smart Grid Coalition
- Todd Foley - American Council for Renewable Energy
- Norma McDonald, American Biogas Council
- Debbie Montagna - Ocean Power Technologies, Inc.
- Jackie Prince Roberts, Director - Sustainable Technologies, Environmental Defense Fund
- Jack Rogers, Biofuels Marketing Manager, Americas - Novozymes
- Bob Rose - Breakthrough Technologies Institute
- Gia Schneider, CEO - Natel Energy
- Bill Shank, Energy Transitions
- Scott Sklar, President - The Stella Group, Ltd.
- Keith Takasawa, Chief Product Development Director - THINK
- Melissa VanOrnum, Marketing Manager - GHD, Inc.
- Chris Voell, Program Manager-AgSTAR, Climate Change Division, USEPA
- Maria Vargas, ENERGY STAR, U.S. EPA
- Don Moore, CEO - Harmonics Limited, Inc.
(11:00 am - 12:00 pm; Cannon Caucus Room)
Names to Be Announced
EXECUTIVE BRANCH SPEAKERS
(12:00 pm - 1:00 pm; Cannon Caucus Room)
- Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Jane Oates, Assistant Secretary for the Employment & Training Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
- Matt Rogers, Senior Advisor to the Secretary for Recovery Act Implementation, U.S. Department of Energy
- Heather Zichal, Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy & Climate Change
AFTERNOON PANEL DISCUSSIONS
(1:10 pm - 4:30 pm; House Veterans Affairs Committee Room – 340 Cannon)
Panel on Solar Technologies
- Rhone Resch, Ex. Dir. - Solar Energy Industries Association
- Tony Clifford, CEO - Standard Solar
- Jeff Wolfe, CEO - GroSolar
- Eric Huffman, Business Development Mgr. - Eastern Region, SunOptics
Panel on Green Jobs + Sustainable Energy
- Karl Gawell, Ex. Dir. - Geothermal Energy Association
- Linda Church Ciocci, Ex. Dir. - National Hydropower Association
- Lisa Jacobson, Ex. Dir. - Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Karen Florini, Environmental Defense Fund
Panel on New Storage, Transmission & Electric Technologies
- Ruth Cox, Ex. Dir. - US Fuel Cell Council
- Robert P. Thornton, Ex. Dir. - International District Energy Association
- Justin Rathke, Dir. - Policy & Dis. Develop., Capstone Turbine Corp.
- Katherine Hamilton, President - GridWise Alliance
Panel on "Getting Stuff Done"
- Ryan Colker, Dir.- Consultative Council, National Inst. of Bldg Sciences
- Chelsea Jenkins, Ex. Dir. - Virginia Clean Cities
- 3M - Renewable Energy Division
- Abengoa Solar
- American Council on Renewable Energy
- AFC First
- American Biogas Council
- Beacon Power
- Biomass Coordinating Council
- Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- California Fuel Cell Partnership
- Capstone Turbine Corporation
- Demand Response & Smart Grid Coalition
- Dow Kokam
- Dow Solar Solutions
- Ecobuild America
- Energy Transitions
- Enervation Lighting
- Environmental & Energy Study Institute
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Frostburg State University - Renewable Energy Center
- Fuel Cells 2000
- Geothermal Energy Association
- GHD, Inc.
- GridWise Alliance
- Growth Energy
- Harmonics Limited
- Ice Energy
- International District Energy Association
- Microcell Corporation
- Natel Energy
- National Hydrogen Association
- National Hydropower Association
- National Institute of Building Sciences
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- NewTek Energy Solutions
- Novozymes North America, Inc.
- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc.
- Renewable Fuels Association
- SAGE Electrochromics, Inc.
- Skyline Solar
- Solar Energy Industries Association
- Standard Solar
- SunOptics Prismatic Skylights
- Sunpeak USA Inc.
- The Stella Group, Ltd.
- THINK North America
- U.S. Clean Heat & Power Association
- U.S. Department of Energy-Efficiency & Renewables
- U.S. Department of Energy-Clean Cities
- U.S. EPA-AGSTAR
- U.S. EPA-Center for Program Analysis
- U.S. EPA-ENERGY STAR Program
- U.S. Fuel Cell Council
- U.S. Green Energy Corporation
- Water Management, Inc.