Rhode Island Green Jobs Workshop: Building A Green Career in Energy is an event that will take place on August 9. This half-day program is designed to provide information on green jobs and training opportunities. A draft agenda of this program is listed below.
This event will take place from 1:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m. at the Rhode Island Convention Center, 1 Sabin Street, Providence. This program is being sponsored by a number of federal agencies and is taking place immediately prior to the 2009 GovEnergy Workshop and Tradeshow.
This program is free to the public, but registration is strongly suggested. You can register for this event at http://greenjobs2009.govtools.us/
Rhode Island Green Jobs Workshop: Building A Green Career in Energy
1:00 pm: Opening
- Welcome: Sandy Morgan, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Facilitator: Alison Rodgers, Program Manager, Green the Capitol, U. S. House of Representatives, and former Miss Rhode Island
1:05 pm: Green Job and Training Opportunities under the Recovery Act
- Timothy Martin, U.S. Department of Labor
- Representative from RI Department of Labor and Training
- Representative from RI Office of Energy Resources
- Representative from RI Economic Development Corporation
1:45 pm: Working in Green Building Construction and Renewables
- Marc Nichols, Green Advantage
- Connie McGreavy, Rhode Island Chapter of the US Green Building Council
2:30 pm: Training for a Green Career
- Susan D'Onofrio, Community College of Rhode Island
- Marion Gold, University of Rhode Island
- Steve Kichen, New England Institute of Technology
3:00 - 5:00 pm: Exhibits - Interactive Table Sessions
- Representatives from private, public, and non-profit organizations will be available to speak with attendees about green careers and educational requirements.